Mentored by Cornell Scott, himself, Michael Taylor now serves as Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center’s Chief Executive Officer.
Michael, who has been with the Health Center since 2010 and served as the Center’s Chief Operations Officer prior to his promotion to CEO, is an experienced, proven leader with over twenty-five years of diverse health care management and consulting experience.
Prior to joining the Health Center, Michael founded Precision Resources, Inc. (PRI), a health care consulting firm. Previously, he was a senior manager with a Philadelphia-based health care consulting firm, a manager with The Lewin Group, and a manager in the health care consulting division of a national certified public accounting firm. He was also the manager of cost and budgets with the Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary, a Harvard affiliated teaching hospital.
Michael’s impressive career is best illustrated by his many accomplishments including:
- Conducted operation assessments at over 100 community Health Centers
- Developed organization-wide and product- specific strategic, business and financial plans for numerous community and teaching hospitals, academic medical centers, integrated health care delivery systems and home health agencies.
- Served as a technical resource for the United States Public Health Service, Bureau of Primary Health Care regarding integrated delivery networks, managed care plans and FQHC operations
- Reviewed policies and procedures for a 13-site primary care delivery system; recommendations resulted in cost savings and increased collections of more than $1.0 million
- Conducted several studies to assess and improve access to health care services for special needs population
Michael’s extensive experience makes him uniquely qualified to serve as the Health Center’s Chief Executive Officer, providing him with the tools he needs to make the Health Center a medical home for the communities it serves as well as an employer of first choice.
In addition to his role as Chief Executive Officer for the Health Center, Michael also serves as a trainer for the National Association of Community Health Centers, providing assistance to primary care associations as well as troubled community Health Centers.
Despite his many commitments, Michael remains active within the community, serving on several boards including Adoptions From The Heart®. He is also a participating member of several professional associations including the National Association of Health Service Executives and the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
Michael received his B.S. degree in accounting from Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts and has completed graduate-level courses in health care management and finance.